What is the GA2020 Homestay Program?
A number of Australia ICOMOS members in the Sydney area are generously offering accommodation in their homes for overseas ICOMOS GA2020 delegates & their spouses. This accommodation is free of charge and is available for delegates from Low and Low-to-Middle Income countries for the duration of the General Assembly, from 1 to 11 October 2020. The accommodation is limited and will be allocated, based on need, and in the order that applications are received.
What can you expect?
The accommodation will be in the homes of Australia ICOMOS members in the Sydney area. It may be in either a single room or a shared room. Meals are not provided. Once the accommodation has been allocated, the host will make direct contact with the delegate regarding arrangements. If requested, hosts may assist delegates, by providing a letter confirming the accommodation. Delegates will need to make their own transport arrangements from the host accommodation to the General Assembly venues.
How do I apply?
To apply for the homestay accommodation please click on the link below. In order to prepare for the application please ensure you have the following documents BEFORE you start the application form:
- A typed document (approx. 500 words) introducing yourself and explaining why you require the accommodation
- A letter for your organisation or university confirming that you reside in Low or Low-to-Middle Income country
- A scanned copy of your passport
You can attach files with the following extensions: doc, docx, pdf, jpg, png. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Homestay program is only open to ICOMOS GA2020 registered delegates and their spouses from Low and Low-to-Middle Income countries.
- There is limited Homestay accommodation available and such accommodation will be allocated based on need and/or in order of receipt of applications.
- If your application is successful, the Homestay host will make direct contact with the selected applicants by email no later than 3 June 2020.
- As a courtesy to the Homestay host and to other applicants we request you inform your host in writing at the earliest possible date (no later than 60 days prior to your stay) if there are any changes to your accommodation plans e.g. change in arrival/departure date and time or if unable to attend GA2020 hence no longer requiring the accommodation.
- It will be your responsibility to ensure the accommodation premises are maintained in a clean and tidy condition as a respect to your Homestay host and their home.
- Please note you will be required to make your own meal and transportation (arrival, departure and transfers to/from the Symposium venue(s)) arrangements during your stay.
Disclaimer: Please note that the GA2020 Managers and the GA2020 Hosts do not endorse or recommend any Homestay properties or Homestay hosts in particular. Neither do they provide any guarantees or endorsements in respect of the GA2020 Homestay properties. Use of the Homestay program is strictly at each participant’s own risk. The GA2020 Managers and the GA2020 Hosts will not accept any liability whatsoever for any losses, damages or any other claims in connection with the use of the GA2020 Homestay Program.